|Nominal duration||3.5 Years (210 ECTS)|
|Awards||BSc (Bachelor of Humanities Sciences)|
|Tuition fee||€1,285.00 per year|
|Application fee||€200.00 one-time
Bank name: AB Swedbank
High school / secondary education (or higher)
a senior high school diploma with a good average grade (min. CGPA >60 %)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
English language level minimum requirement is B2
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The Bachelor’s degree programme Philosophy of Media and Cultural Industries is interdisciplinary; it provides practical skills for operating creative technologies, the ability to plan, organise, and innovatively apply multimedia to the creative activity of cultural industries, and to analyse the impact of media on public relations, advertising, and spiritual culture. The studies are modern, creative, and interdisciplinary; they demonstrate how digital technology transforms the traditional thinking and how social, economic, and cultural relationships between society and individual are transformed. During the studies, students learn how to manage media and to create and implement audiovisual projects. Integrated theoretical and practical study units stimulate critical thinking, analysis, and evidence-based evaluation of socio-cultural phenomena and processes.
The courses of the curriculum include Introduction to Media Philosophy, Visualisation of Motion, Philosophy of ,Antiquity Culture, Introduction to Cultural Semiotics, Digital Media, Aesthetics of Photographic Image, Philosophy of Medieval Culture, Media Information Technology, Computer Animation, Media Ethics, Performance Theory and Practice, Audiovisual Culture, Logics, Media Practice of Audio and Video, Theatre Practice, Practice of Photography, Media of the Cinema in the Framework of Culture, Management of Culture Projects, Onthology of Media, Philosophy of Art and Aesthetics, Modern and Postmodern Culture, Music in Audio-visual Media, Philosophy of Eastern Culture.
Career opportunities. on completion of the studies, Bachelor’s Degree in Cultural Philosophy is awarded. Graduates can:
1) continue in the second cycle of studies and pursue an academic career;
2) work in different state and municipality units, cultural institutions and business companies as consultants and analysts of public relations and media communication;
3) work in other areas of cultural industries, including press, online media, publishing, digtital art, theatre, IT and creative industries, marketing and advertising, radio, TV;
4) work as producers in TV, cinema, and audiovisual cultural industries;
5) participate in didactic or project and expert activities of cultural and educational institutions in Lithuania and EU.